Black Bean Burger
3 cups black beans/ 2 cans rinsed and drained
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup onions diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
6 Tbs tomato paste
2 Tbs liquid smoke (I use mesquite)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp dry steak seasoning
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl mash the beans potato masher or hands both work well.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator to help flavors to develop for best results. If you can’t wait go ahead and patty them out.
- After removing from refrigerator patty out your burgers on wax paper and freeze for about 1 hour then store them in freezer bags till ready for use.
- Cooking- preheat oven to 350 place burgers on baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 30 minutes/ you can also air fry which I do most often place frozen burgers in air fryer at 400 for 12 minutes